[Az-Geocaching] Sad news

Wright, Vicki listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 10:19:12 -0400

FAX 602.379.3627

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Brian Casteel [mailto:bcasteel@uccinc.net]=20
	Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 7:40 PM
	To: AZ Geocaching
	Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Sad news
=09
	Before I decide to fire up my fingers in response to this whole
NASA thing, I'll simply defuse the situation with some tragic news I
received in an e-mail today...
	=20
	When I woke up this morning and checked my e-mail, I had
something very saddening waiting for me.  As most of you know,
SquishyGecko was pulled from Geocaching when he was called back by his
employer.  Where he went, it was possible, but extremely unsafe to do so
(in fact, one cache placed in 2001 still hasn't been found.  Therefore,
he sold his GPS and associated equipment, because he would be gone for
quite awhile.
	=20
	But what saddened me was news that he was killed in a car crash
on Sept. 3rd.  I waited until now to send out the e-mail because I
wanted confirmation from the person who told me that this was legit.  I
did get another e-mail from the same person, and without asking details
I believe what he said to be the truth.  At this point, I will say
nothing about what he did for a living, or anything about where he was
when killed.  If the person who gave me the news says that it is ok to
do so, I'll indulge a little more.
	=20
	Brian
	Team A.I.
	=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C49677.FAC0ADA4

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Message</TITLE>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D333471414-09092004><FONT face=3DArial>Through tears, =
I want all=20
to know that I met the Squishy Gecko group at Heal Me! where we all =
climbed over=20
rocks and played in the water until I hit the FTF!&nbsp; I had such a =
fun,=20
though short, time with them and was sorry to see them leave=20
Phoenix.&nbsp;&nbsp; I looked forward to all their caches:&nbsp; The =
canal ones,=20
the SR51 "art" ones, their competition with graldrich, the Paradise =
Hills church=20
one.&nbsp; Their geckos that we found will hold special meaning.&nbsp; =
My=20
prayers will be with the family.&nbsp; Thanks for letting us know about =
this sad=20
news and please keep us posted, Brian.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Vicki Wright</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Transportation =
Assistant</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>FMCSA AZ =
Division</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>400 E Van Buren Street, =
Suite=20
401</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Phoenix, AZ&nbsp; =
85004</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>602.379.6851 =
x302</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>FAX =
602.379.3627</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader lang=3Den-us dir=3Dltr =
align=3Dleft><FONT=20
  face=3DTahoma size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
Brian Casteel=20
  [mailto:bcasteel@uccinc.net] <BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, September 08, =
2004=20
  7:40 PM<BR><B>To:</B> AZ Geocaching<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] =
Sad=20
  news<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Before I decide to fire up my fingers =
in response=20
  to this whole NASA thing, I'll simply defuse the situation with some =
tragic=20
  news I received in an e-mail today...</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I woke up this morning and =
checked my=20
  e-mail, I had something very saddening waiting for me.&nbsp; As most =
of you=20
  know, SquishyGecko was pulled from Geocaching when he was called back =
by his=20
  employer.&nbsp; Where he went, it was possible, but extremely unsafe =
to do so=20
  (in fact, one cache placed in 2001 still hasn't been found.&nbsp; =
Therefore,=20
  he sold his GPS and associated equipment, because he would be gone for =
quite=20
  awhile.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But what saddened me was news that he =
was killed=20
  in a car crash on Sept. 3rd.&nbsp; I waited until now to send out the =
e-mail=20
  because I wanted confirmation from the person who told me that this =
was=20
  legit.&nbsp; I did get another e-mail from the same person, and =
without asking=20
  details I believe what he said to be the truth.&nbsp; At this point, I =
will=20
  say nothing about what he did for a living, or anything about where he =
was=20
  when killed.&nbsp; If the person who gave me the news says that it is =
ok to do=20
  so, I'll indulge a little more.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian<BR>Team A.I.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C49677.FAC0ADA4--