[Az-Geocaching] Wow, what a weekend!

SquishyGecko listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 00:06:41 -0700

We set out this weekend in search of our 100th find.  When we began at 3
a.m. on Saturday, we had 60 logged finds.  By the end of the night Saturday
we had logged 19 more finds, and by the end of the night tonight we logged
another 22 finds for a total of 101.

Now here's the fun part -- our last cache Saturday night was
AZcachemeister's "Green River" (GCJFXK).  We arrived around 12:30 a.m.
Sunday, poked around in the bushes for an hour, then decided to wait for
daylight.  So we slept in the car right there at the cache.  Is that
hardcore geocaching or what?!  We popped out at 5:30 a.m. and were happily
logging a first find by 6 a.m.!

All in all we logged five FTFs this weekend, our first multicache find, our
second and third virtual caches, our 100th find, and we managed to meet
Kiteflyer85340 and Magical_Memories.  And we placed a new themed cache which
will be posted soon.

We haven't been home in two days, but dang!  What an awesome weekend!
Thanks to everyone for placing these caches and providing us with a reason
to get out of the house!

- SquishyGecko

---