[Az-Geocaching] scorpions

David Thompsen listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 25 May 2004 13:44:16 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1491946296-1085517856=:85926

Not education in the sense of being a medical expert in the field, but I'll throw my .02 worth in.

I understand that scorpion stings are much like bee stings -- most people will not die from it, though like bee stings, the severly allergic person can be in major trouble from a sting.

I've been bitten twice, about 10 years ago.  Once I was asleep, and started having a dream where my arm was really hurting.  After a few minutes, I woke up, and my arm hurt like hell.  I discovered a scorpion in bed with me.  After beating the scorpion to death with my shoe.... (hey you would too)... I had one majorly sore arm from the sting.  Could barely move it for 2 days, and took a week before it was 100% again.

The second time I got grazed on the toe by a scorpion in my back yard.  Barely hurt at all.

But I still beat the scorpion to death with my shoe.

Obviously the very young and the elderly are much more at risk to problems from stings than the average schmoe, but it ain't fun nonetheless.  I guess it helps to know where they hide -- they're ground dwellers, and prefer cool, dark places inside and out.

eric <eric@ccs-adplus.com> wrote:
what about scorpions... a sting from a scorpion is VERY painful!

anyone have any education about this?

Arizona's Geocaching Resource

--0-1491946296-1085517856=:85926

<DIV>Not education in the sense of being a medical expert in the field, but I'll throw my .02 worth in.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I understand that scorpion stings are much like bee stings -- most people will not die from it, though like bee stings, the severly allergic person can be in major trouble from a sting.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've been bitten twice, about 10 years ago.&nbsp; Once I was asleep, and started having a dream where my arm was really hurting.&nbsp; After a few minutes, I woke up, and my arm hurt like hell.&nbsp; I discovered a scorpion in bed with me.&nbsp; After beating the scorpion to death with my shoe.... (hey you would too)... I had one majorly sore arm from the sting.&nbsp; Could barely move it for 2 days, and took a week before it was 100% again.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The second time I got grazed on the toe by a scorpion in my back yard.&nbsp; Barely hurt at all.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>But I still beat the scorpion to death with my shoe.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Obviously the very young and the elderly are much more at risk to problems from stings than the average schmoe, but it ain't fun nonetheless.&nbsp; I guess it helps to know where they hide -- they're ground dwellers, and prefer cool, dark places inside and out.</DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>eric &lt;eric@ccs-adplus.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">what about scorpions... a sting from a scorpion is VERY painful! <BR><BR>anyone have any education about this?<BR><BR><BR>____________________________________________________________<BR>Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR>To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit:<BR>http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching<BR><BR>Arizona's Geocaching Resource<BR>http://www.azgeocaching.com</BLOCKQUOTE><p>
--0-1491946296-1085517856=:85926--