[Az-Geocaching] Rattlesnakes

SquishyGecko listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 24 May 2004 13:12:12 -0700

While reading the logs for GCJFPP, I noticed that the first two people to
attempt this cache saw "signs" of a rattlesnake ahead.  Being from a place
where rattlesnakes aren't a huge issue, and being accident prone (I've had
two cactus incidents while caching so far, one pierced a muscle), I'm
wondering just what exactly the signs of a rattlesnake in the area are,
other than the obvious rattle.

Also, I've been searching the internet for information about how to deal
with a rattlesnake bite, and so far there doesn't seem to be much other than
to keep the wound below the heart, don't cut it open or use a tournequette,
and call for help.  Anyone have any other suggestions?

If you don't hear from me by tomorrow, it's probably 'cause I'm going to
attempt GCJFPP this afternoon, and Mr. Rattlesnake might decide to eat me.

Signed,
Dumb Desert Dipstick :-)

---