[Az-Geocaching] Explanation for Coyote1022/Gordon

Brian - Team A.I. listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 20 May 2004 00:17:01 -0700

Ok, since I haven't done this in awhile, I'll bite.

Your first mistake was trying to tell people how to cache with only a newbie
take on the area or knowledge of what is what.  Granted, you have 750+
finds, which means you should know better, being around Geocaching for
awhile.  If you've followed this listserv at all, you know that cachers
around here don't like being told what to do.  In the right tone, it is
taken well, and I have no idea in what tone yours came across.  Rather than
posting an archive note in that situation, forcing an admin to take a look
and possibly make a decision based on your ASSUMPTION, which would be wrong.
Whatever happened to a courtesy e-mail rather than a very public
notification that you BELIEVE something is so, when in fact it was not?

You make a statement that you 'catch more flies with sugar than sh*t'.
Doesn't that conflict just slightly with your own admission of the actions
you took in posting a public archive note based on your belief?  It seems to
me the sh*t, as you so eloquently put it, was slung by posting that, than
the proverbial honey of a courtesy e-mail, in private.  Now, if you realized
that what you did was a mistake, was an apology ever issued to try and
smooth the waters?  If so, great.  If not, perhaps that's why opinions of
you aren't exactly regarded in any positive light.  I had never heard about
this little drama until something was said on this listserv.

I really hope you Gay Aldrich comment was a mere typo, because if it wasn't,
it really shows your true character, resolving yourself to calling someone a
name that wouldn't have been repeated past 5th grade, if at all.  Also, I'm
not sure why you lumped Gale and RandMan in that bunch.  It sounds like you
had a falling out with Gale (yes, it ends in le, not il), but I'm not sure
what kind of situation you could have found yourself in with Rand.  He's a
very nice guy, and a person who doesn't let physical limitations keep him
from turning heads at some of the caches he's gone for.  While he hasn't
summited Humphrey's Peak on crutches, he's floored me with what he has done,
and I have a great deal of respect for the guy.  Guy just plain drives me
nuts with his cache hides, but that's what I like about the guy (ok, and the
computer stuff we've talked about in e-mail).

My .04 cents.  .92 remaining (by my count).

Brian
Team A.I.