[Az-Geocaching] Speaking of TB's....

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 17 May 2004 20:37:23 -0700

>From: "RAND HARDIN" <RHrdn8@msn.com>
>To: "AZ-Geocaching" <listserv@azgeocaching.com>
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Speaking of TB's....
>Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:54:02 -0700
>
>Scott (RTW),
>
>Regarding the TB that has been in a cachers hands since August, '03:  If
>you decide not to e-mail the cacher and have them finish their transfer, I
>would go ahead and grab the TB from them.  Then I would do a search of the
>caches that the individual found and compare it with the caches that you
>found on the day you came into posession of the TB.  Then start comparing
>dates; read previous logs on the cache pages to see if anyone mentions the
>TB; eliminate the micro caches as possibilities, and eliminate the caches
>that you remember and know that you didn't find the TB in.  With a little
>detective work, you can probably figure which cache the individual placed
>it in.  Then go ahead and log the TB into the cache that you believe you
>found it in and then reclaim it!
>
>Then there's always the possibility that the TB has changed hands a few
>times before being placed in one of the caches where you found it.  Just do
>the best you can with the detective work and place the cache where you feel
>was the most likely spot where you could have found it.
>
>I know tracking TBs down is a pain and time consuming, but it's all part of
>the responsibility we take on when we grab them out of caches!
>
>Happy tracking!  :-D
>
>Rand (RandMan)

Well, after a short discussion with Rugerdog (who was caching with me over
the weekend)... it seems I pulled the travel bug out of Hounds From Hell
Cache. The bug, by the way is called LoneGunMan TB. Anyways, the cacher that
still has this cache in his posession (according to the TB's page) hasnt
cached since August 10th 2003. In fact, he only has 7 total cache finds. All
of which he did on the 8th and 9th of August, 2003! So, it appears he
dropped the bug in this cache and didnt log it into the cache. HOWEVER...
there have been lots of teams at this cache before me. I wonder why none of
them would have taken this bug. Makes me wonder if this TB has traveled to
other caches as well? I find it hard to beleive that several teams would
pass it up. Also, the Hounds From Hell Cache page shows another travel bug
as being in that cache.

Oh well. It is in my possession now and I will move it on it's way soon!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Get 200+ ad-free, high-fidelity stations and LIVE Major League Baseball
Gameday Audio! http://radio.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200491ave/direct/01/