[Az-Geocaching] I'm Heading East

HighwayHavoc listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 10 May 2004 06:29:38 -0700 (PDT)

OK Folks! I've been out here in the Phoenix area for two years now
(third summer coming up), and this dry heat isn't working for me. I
figure I'll head on over to Georgia for the summer where it's not
only hot but MUGGY!

Actually that's not the whole truth. I really don't mind (I even
enjoy) the dry heat here, but I finally got myself employed -
meaningfully employed, that is! I'll be heading east to work an
internship as a hydrologist with the USGS (that'd be the Geological
Society). I say "work", but I don't consider tramping through the
swamps and streams, playing tag with the gators, work at all. I
reckon it'll be a hoot!

Bottom line is, if there are any travelling bugs that need to shake
off the webs and get moving, I believe I still have some space in the
car for 'em. I might have to shove them into the headlights, but
it'll be cozy in there.

Last thought (actually, there's never a last thought): when the
"Shock Johnson" cache owner left town, I took custody of the cache,
but now the little doo-dad has turned up missing. I've been somewhat
leery about replacing the cache, simply because it is on private
property and it's not clear to me whether permission was given to
initially place the cache. After attempting to communicate with the
homeowners association and not receiving any info that I can work
with, I've decided to archive the cache.

Mark A. Pedersen

=====
Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that!