[Az-Geocaching] Mummy's Surprise Rating

Andrew Ayre listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:02:52 -0700

I agree with Trisha. I think it is better to be conservative than
misleading.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of
Trisha
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 5:54 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Mummy's Surprise Rating

The terrain rating is supposed to be for the toughest part of the
approach.

I don't know about a 3, but it is NOT handicapped accessible if the
wheelchair bound person can only get to within 50 feet.

Why don't you just change it to a 2 or 1.5 and be done with it? There
are a handful of physically handicapped (wheelchair,
cane/mobility/short of breath) people who cache and can only do "1's".
They expect it to be easy enough for wheelchair access.

A 2 or 1.5 won't scare people off, just explain it in the description.

Think about how you would feel if you were sitting in a wheelchair and
tried to get your cache. Get it? I'm sure you would feel bad if you
unintentionally ruined a handicapped cacher's day by the misleading
rating. It's hard enough for some of them to get out at all. Of
course, they are probably reading the logs and would realize that the
rating is incorrect anyway.

OK, 'nuff said.

take care,
Trisha