[Az-Geocaching] GPS cell phones

Jim Scotti jscotti at pirl.lpl.Arizona.EDU
Tue Dec 28 00:53:11 MST 2004

Well, my job doesn't require a cell phone, so I've managed to avoid having
one myself.  Of course, we did get a cell phone for my son for x-mas, so
we're not entirely immune, I guess.  I don't think his phone has a GPS built
in, so we'll have to resort to the old fashioned way of keeping track of
where he is by actually calling him and asking him.

BTW, did you hear about asteroid 2004 MN4?  It's a 400 meter sized asteroid
that over the weekend was estimated to have an impact probability on the
future date of April 13, 2029 that started at 1 in 300 and rose to 1 in 38
before our group found some prediscovery images that improved the orbit
enough to show that impact would definitely not happen - at least not on
April 13, 2029....  Doomsday averted again!  Actually, a 400 meter asteroid
would make a real mess, but only if it hit very close to you would it spell
your doom....

Jim.