[Az-Geocaching] Galileo

Brian Casteel bcasteel at uccinc.net
Fri Dec 10 10:46:46 MST 2004

That's awesome.  An additional 30 asynch sats in orbit will make life much
better in terms of reception.  One could almost guarantee a 12-sat lock at
all time w/ WAAS, kicking accuracy down to 6 or 7', which I have been
fortunate to see regularly as of late.

It's interesting that Thales comprises one of the major consortiums
involved in the venture.  Since Garmin is more of an avionics company,
consumer-grade GPS is gravy to them.

Brian
Team A.I.