[Az-Geocaching] Mega Magnets

Regan Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:20:09 -0700

A nice sized small nickel plated neodymium magnet

with this description from Wondermagnet.com

We are proud to offer a super powerful nickel plated Neodymium Iron Boron
block magnet of very impressive size and strength. One of these magnets will
lift over 100 pounds of iron! These are abnormally strong magnets, and
serious care must be taken in storing and handling these. Being block
magnets, these have sharp corners like TEETH, and being large, they have
vicious attraction to one another like JAWS. When they come together, they
do not let go easily. Make a mistake with these and you will probably bleed.
Like all sintered Neodymium magnets, these are somewhat brittle. Not for
children...obviously-and not for toys. If you have not handled Neodymium
magnets before, please order something smaller so you understand the dangers
here. One of these will noticably distort a computer monitor from over 30"
away. Keep these well away from electronics, and magnetic storage medium.
Don't buy these if you have a pacemaker. We take no responsibility for
injury, or property damage resulting from the mis-handling of this, or any
other magnet we have to offer.

Item #5 $15.00

then

This is a complete magnetic assembly surplus from the computer hard drive
industry. Each assembly is held together with 4 screws. You'll need a #9
Torx bit (a #8 works as well), or an allen wrench to disassemble these. Once
disassembled you'll find 2 Neodymium magnets inside. They are just short of
2" long, about 1/16" thick and 3/4" tall. Each magnet is glued down to its
steel bracket. These are an excellent value, the magnets are of very high
grade and will easily lift over 30 pounds of iron. Remember, some
dis-assembly required!

Item# 41 1.75 each