[Az-Geocaching] Superstition Caches

Joe Brekke listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:31:58 -0700

I too went to the Mesa Ranger Station today to pick up our cache that was
taken from the Peralta Trail area.  The folks there were very nice, and I
apologized for placing it there.  He told me pretty much twhat I thought he
would that they are concerned with ancillary trails being forged from people
looking for caches, and also that it was personal property abandoned in the
Wilderness area.

I inquired about permits or if there was a chance of getting permits.  The
gentleman replied that there was no way as of now, they had no policy and
basically said that it wouldn't happen soon...as it would have to come down
on a Federal level.  I also asked if there were a way to get permits for
placing caches in the Nat'l Forest, he replied no, and same story...don't
hold your breath.  He also told me that they were going to start to remove
any caches that are on Forest Service Land...that includes the Nat'l
Forest...

Looks to me like Jeremy and volunteers at Geocaching.com better get off
their high-horse about  "Lame Virtual Caches"...(not my favorite either),
message that I got today was that was all that would be acceptable in Forest
Service Land...and even if they do allow some at some future date, they
would be severely restricted.

Anyway, I do have the cache, including the travel bug that was in it....I
will try to place it soon.

Joe
TeamBlunder