[Az-Geocaching] Technical assistance requested: How to erase all waypoints in a Garmin GPS?

Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:10:20 -0800 (PST)

--0-957979682-1042611020=:24544

Does anyone know how to erase all of the waypoints that I have stored in my Garmin Venture GPS?  I have reached the maximum number of waypoints that I am allowed to store (500), but I need to upload new waypoints for this weekend's upcoming trip.

I have downloaded all of my waypoints in my GPS to the hard drive of my home computer using EasyGPS.  I would like to erase the ones in my GPS before I go out to the Yuma area so I will have room to upload waypoints for geocaches in southwestern Arizona.  After I return from that trip, I will restore the waypoints that I have stored at home back to my GPS.

Therefore, how can I erase the waypoints currently stored in my GPS?  It is too tedious and time-consuming to delete them individually - I would like to do it all at once.

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-957979682-1042611020=:24544

<P>Does anyone know how to erase all of the waypoints that I have stored in my Garmin Venture GPS?&nbsp; I have reached the maximum number of waypoints that I am allowed to store (500), but I need to upload new waypoints for this weekend's upcoming trip.</P>
<P>I have downloaded all of my waypoints in my GPS to the hard drive of my home computer using EasyGPS.&nbsp; I would like to erase the ones in my GPS before I go out to the Yuma area so I will have room to upload waypoints for geocaches in southwestern Arizona.&nbsp; After I return from that trip, I will restore the waypoints that I have stored at home back to my GPS.</P>
<P>Therefore, how can I erase the waypoints currently stored in my GPS?&nbsp; It is too tedious and time-consuming to delete them individually - I would like to do it all at once.</P>
<P><STRONG><FONT size=3>Ken Akerman</FONT></STRONG> (a.k.a. <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)</P>
--0-957979682-1042611020=:24544--