[Az-Geocaching] Lunch Club Response To Team Scotti's Concern

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 14:54:32 -0700

Scott Wood wrote:

> There should be plenty of servers out there that could host lists, my
> server, myblueheaven.com for one.  I just wonder if there is enough
> people that would justify a specific listserve for that sort of
> thing.  Perhaps if it wasn't limited to just Arizona geocaching there
> might be.  Otherwise, I think that talk about 4x4 geocaching in
> Arizona would be very appropriate for this list.

I agree, usually when people split mailing lists, it's because there are
so many messages every day that the ones people want to read get lost in
the noise.
Right now the mailing list doesn't get enough messages to merrit
splitting the list, and classicly when you do split low traffic lists,
you get multiple lists with no traffic.

When I started the mailing list, nobody in Team Snaptek owned a 4x4 at
all, so we never really even though much about attempting any of the
caches that require one.   After reading the messages on here for 2
years I recently purchased a 2002 Dodge Ram quade cab 4x4 so that I can
get to some of those caches.  I probably wouldn't have bothered getting
the 4 wheel drive option if it wasn't for this list....  I still would
have bought the same truck though. :)

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek