[Az-Geocaching] Caching Preferences

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 23:14:30 -0700

Steven Stringham wrote:

>Has anybody written a summary of rules and contacts for Arizona lands and
>posted it anywhere. I know that there are the overarching geocaching.com
>rules, but what about specific rules for Arizona?

There isn't an all encompasing document as of yet that I know of, but it
sounds like you pretty much have the jist of the idea.  It basicly boils
down to using your brain when hiding a cache and not puting it somethere
that might cause a problem like the recent water treatment plant thing.
 Get permission first.  If the land needs a permit, make sure you have
one (the fines are VERY high if you dont).  Avoid archeology sites, and
just to be save, don't cover your cache with rocks since it just might
accidentally be an arch site.
Basically just follow short list of rules that are on geocaching.com and
you should be allright... Now on to your next message...

>In other words, what kind of caches are your favorites? What makes you
>think that a found cache has been really enjoyable? Glad that you took the
>time?

This question pops up from time to time on the list, and what it amounts
to is everyone likes different kinds of caches, some will ONLY do caches
that have to be hiked to, some will only do caches that are within 200
feet of a road.  Some like puzzles, some just want to find the darn
thing with out any games.
Basicly what it amount to is... Hide caches in a way that you would
enjoy finding them.  Put them in a special place that you like to go and
introduce the rest of it to us.  Twist our brains with a puzzle... put a
cache below your window at work so you can see us find it... whatever
makes you happy will make some other geocachers happy as well, it might
not be the majority of cachers, but thats not really whats important.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek