[Az-Geocaching] Search Engines Question

Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:36:35 -0800 (PST)

Scott, Brent...thanks for the reply....(s)....I kinda figgered it was
that way, it was just a surprise!
I also find my  "geocaching" pages when I searched under "Yavapai Jeep
Posse" to see if our new website pops up yet. I used to post my cache
pages with "Yavapai Co Jeep Posse" in the name/title until one of our
Search/Sheriff deputies up here suggested I (and Flash) remove the
Jeep Posse reference, since it was not an official mission of the
Posse and he didn't want any of the recent "negative" impressions
about geocaching and the land managers issues linked to the Posse. (He
attended the recent land managers meeting up here in Prescott, and he
geocaches...it was not a slam, it was a good idea.)

Question, to the "puter gurus".....do you have to do anything special
to get your website to pop up on Google or a similar search engine? We
already put in keywords and categories when we built the site, but so
far it does not come up when I search under "Search and Rescue" "Jeep
Posse" "Yavapai SAR" etc....

Trisha

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, "Brent Milner" wrote:

> Trisha,
>
> I am guessing that the emails are also posted on the azgeocaching
site,
> which google probably crawls to satisfy its searches.
>
> -FroBro Q-Tip

YOU....

href="http://mail.brasher.com/jump/http://www.azgeocaching.com">http://www.azgeocaching.com</a>