[Az-Geocaching] An important security message

Regan Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 17:14:10 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01C2D5DE.D25D96C0

I would hope that you personally contact the cache owner and return =
their container.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: mike and gale jett=20
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 4:48 PM
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] An important security message

  We just found a nice cache Home Run Country, which apparently had a =
lot of visitors today. When we arrived, a very concerned security guard =
met us and asked us what we were doing. We explained geocaching and he =
seemed fine with it however he adamently explained how the fence of the =
water treatment facility was considered off-limits. The cache was placed =
on the back of a no trespassing sign on the fence. He asked us to remove =
the cache and let others know that we cannot place any caches on their =
fence especially in the light of today's heightened security. It seems =
that the previous few cachers who were talking by the fence after =
caching brought out the Mesa police helicopter, according to the =
security guard. (And you know who you are.) We know we are harmless, but =
you should have seen how nervous this security guard was. We removed the =
cache and apologized profusely for the cache placement. He was fine with =
that as long as we let other! cachers know. Please don't place anything =
on a fence when there are no trespassing signs, especially if it is =
something as security conscious like a water treatment facility.

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would hope that you personally =
contact the cache=20
owner and return their container.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dsonoralovesmommy@hotmail.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:sonoralovesmommy@hotmail.com">mike and gale jett</A> =
</DIV>
title=3Dlistserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:listserv@azgeocaching.com">listserv@azgeocaching.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, February 16, 2003 =
4:48=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] An =
important=20
  security message</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>We just found a nice cache Home Run Country, which apparently had =
a lot=20
  of visitors today. When we arrived, a very concerned security guard =
met us and=20
  asked us what we were doing. We explained geocaching and he seemed =
fine with=20
  it however he adamently explained how the fence of the water treatment =

  facility was considered off-limits. The cache was placed on the back =
of a no=20
  trespassing sign on the fence. He asked us to remove the cache and let =
others=20
  know that we cannot place any caches on their fence especially in the =
light of=20
  today's heightened security. It seems that the previous few cachers =
who were=20
  talking by the fence after caching brought out the Mesa police =
helicopter,=20
  according to the security guard. (And you know who you are.) We know =
we are=20
  harmless, but you should have seen how nervous this security guard =
was. We=20
  removed the cache and apologized profusely for the cache placement. He =
was=20
  fine with that as long as we let other! cachers know. Please don't =
place=20
  anything on a fence when there are no trespassing signs, especially if =
it is=20
  something as security conscious&nbsp;like a water treatment=20
  facility.</DIV></DIV><BR clear=3Dall>
  <HR>
  Add photos to your messages with <A =
href=3D"http://g.msn.com/8HMJENUS/2749">MSN=20