[Az-Geocaching] BAD BAd Bad bad Legislature announced its proposed budgets

WOLFB8 listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:25:58 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C2D0FF.9111DCA0

To supporters of State Parks:
This week the Legislature announced its proposed budgets for the =
remainder
of the 2003 fiscal year and the 2004 fiscal year.

These budgets included taking $20 million for the Heritage Fund for 2003 =
and
$10 million for 2004 for a total of a $30 million dollar hit to the =
Heritage
Fund.

For fiscal year 2002 the Heritage Fund only received $17.5 million.
As soon as the Game & Fish and State Parks departments release =
information
as what affect this will have on their programs our web site at
www.arizonaheritagealliance.org will be updated.

However we already know that this will result in the closure of a number =
of
State Parks,  the end of many educational and other programs, the loss =
of
matching Federal funds and heightened threats to our wildlife and other
resources.

We need you help on Monday & Tuesday!

Please call or email your legislators and ask your members to call their
legislators and request that the Heritage Fund not be swept into the =
General
Fund.

The loss of this program will not only damage our State's resources but =
its
loss will cause additional damage to our current economy.

To contact your Representatives or find your Legislator's name
please click the link below

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/MemberRoster.asp

Please forgive me if you receive this message more than once.  Suzanne
Pfister - State Parks Board Chairman

We will be known by the tracks we leave behind
------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C2D0FF.9111DCA0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY=20
style=3D"BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; FONT: 10pt =
verdana; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>To supporters of State Parks:<BR>This week the =
Legislature=20
announced its proposed budgets for the remainder<BR>of the 2003 fiscal =
year and=20
the 2004 fiscal year.<BR><BR>These budgets included taking $20 million =
for the=20
Heritage Fund for 2003 and<BR>$10 million for 2004 for a total of a $30 =
million=20
dollar hit to the Heritage<BR>Fund.<BR><BR>For fiscal year 2002 the =
Heritage=20
Fund only received $17.5 million.<BR>As soon as the Game &amp; Fish and =
State=20
Parks departments release information<BR>as what affect this will have =
on their=20
programs our web site at<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.arizonaheritagealliance.org">www.arizonaheritageallian=
ce.org</A>=20
will be updated.<BR><BR><BR>However we already know that this will =
result in the=20
closure of a number of<BR>State Parks,&nbsp; the end of many educational =
and=20
other programs, the loss of<BR>matching Federal funds and heightened =
threats to=20
our wildlife and other<BR>resources.<BR><BR><BR>We need you help on =
Monday &amp;=20
Tuesday!<BR><BR>Please call or email your legislators and ask your =
members to=20
call their<BR>legislators and request that the Heritage Fund not be =
swept into=20
the General<BR>Fund.<BR><BR><BR>The loss of this program will not only =
damage=20
our State's resources but its<BR>loss will cause additional damage to =
our=20
current economy.<BR><BR><BR>To contact your Representatives or find your =

Legislator's name<BR>please click the link below<BR><BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.azleg.state.az.us/MemberRoster.asp">http://www.azleg.s=
tate.az.us/MemberRoster.asp</A><BR><BR>Please=20
forgive me if you receive this message more than once.&nbsp; =
Suzanne<BR>Pfister=20
- State Parks Board Chairman<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>We will be known by the tracks we leave behind</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0061_01C2D0FF.9111DCA0--