[Az-Geocaching] New into geocaching - need advice!

GREGG OBUCH listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 19:53:16 -0800 (PST)

--0-1668944326-1044849196=:18995

Clark, welcome to the adventure of geocaching.  Since I'm from Tucson can't help you much on the caches around Mesa, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can.
As for the mapping software, I have the National Geographic Arizona CDs and really like them.  You may want to go to www.geocaching.com and checking out their discussion forums on mapping software.  There are several map topics to review and you will certainly get a good idea or two.
Gregg  (GO of MO & GO)
 Clark Sann <csann@earthlink.net> wrote:Hello all!

My wife and I just discovered geocaching. Can someone suggest a good
cache for a newby? Something not too far out of Mesa maybe with some
4-wheeling and hiking!

I'm also going to purchase topo maps on CD. I'm considering both
MapTech Terrain Navigator and Natl Geographic Topo. Which of these are
better?

Clark

Arizona's Geocaching Resource
http://www.azgeocaching.com
--0-1668944326-1044849196=:18995

<P>Clark, welcome to the adventure of geocaching.&nbsp; Since I'm from Tucson can't help you much on the caches around Mesa, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can.
<P>As for the mapping software, I have the National Geographic Arizona CDs and really like them.&nbsp; You may want to go to <A href="http://www.geocaching.com">www.geocaching.com</A> and checking out their discussion forums on mapping software.&nbsp; There are several map topics to review and you will certainly get a good idea or two.
<P>Gregg&nbsp; (GO of MO &amp; GO)
<P>&nbsp;<B><I>Clark Sann &lt;csann@earthlink.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Hello all!<BR><BR>My wife and I just discovered geocaching. Can someone suggest a good<BR>cache for a newby? Something not too far out of Mesa maybe with some<BR>4-wheeling and hiking!<BR><BR>I'm also going to purchase topo maps on CD. I'm considering both<BR>MapTech Terrain Navigator and Natl Geographic Topo. Which of these are<BR>better?<BR><BR>Clark <BR><BR>____________________________________________________________<BR>Az-Geocaching mailing list listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR>To edit your setting, subscribe or unsubscribe visit:<BR>http://listserv.azgeocaching.com/mailman/listinfo/az-geocaching<BR><BR>Arizona's Geocaching Resource<BR>http://www.azgeocaching.com</BLOCKQUOTE>
--0-1668944326-1044849196=:18995--