[Az-Geocaching] Our Day in Tonto revisited

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 17:41:30 -0700

> My point is why hasn't like anyone who knows the complete list of
caches in
> the Wilderness Area done that????? or why didn't the Rangers do that
when
> they got the Coords for the Caches???

Most cachers would rather be caching than playing Cache Cop. And I doubt
anyone knows the "complete list of caches in the Wilderness Area". And
even if they did, someone else will come along and place a new one, just
as happened here.

Understandably, I think, the Rangers couldn't care less whether anyone
mistakenly goes to the cache site or not, as long as there's no cache
there when they arrive. They don't understand how the game is played,
nor do they want to or have the time to. It's not their job. Granted,
they're probably not thinking about the potential for extra traffic or
someone tramping about in the site area looking for something that isn't
there. More likely they figure if they just remove it, word will get out
quickly enough and people will stop going to the site. That strategy
worked rather well in the case of the original Superstition caches they
confiscated.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena