[Az-Geocaching] Proposed event cache at Picacho Peak State Park: Sunday, March 14, 2004

Brian Casteel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:37:28 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C3C0A4.52613E20

With this kind of notice, I could most likely get the day off.  Those =
are more difficult to come by these days.  Sounds like a great way to =
spend a Sunday.

Brian
Team A.I.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: howard campbell=20
  To: listserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 11:30 AM
  Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Proposed event cache at Picacho Peak =
State Park: Sunday, March 14, 2004

  Ken Akerman <ken@highpointer.com> wrote:=20
    Hello Arizona Geocachers,

    Thank you to all who organized the event cache in Tucson last =
Saturday.  I am grateful for winning the new cache.  I intend to place =
it this weekend at an interesting locationd a few miles off I-10 in =
Pinal County this weekend.  It may be on top of a peak, but the =
elevation of this proposed location is less than Tucson's "A" Mountain =
and there are a couple of other caches available nearby in the =
surrounding lowlands.

    During the event cache, I proposed organizing an event cache at =
Picacho Peak State Park in March, during the weekend of the Civil War =
battle reenactments.  That would be the second weekend of March, March =
13-14, 2004.  I organized a similar event for Arizona members of the =
Highpointers Club in March 2002. There is a large ramada in park, called =
Cholla Ramada, that one can reserve for the day that is suitable for =
groups of up to 50 people.

    The proposed event cache would begin in the morning with a group =
hike to the summit of Picacho Peak where we would claim the cache on top =
of the mountain.  We would then descend and meet for a barbeque and =
potluck picnic at Cholla Ramada.  If you haven't hiked to the summit of =
Picacho before, then doing it with other experienced hikers would be a =
great incentive to complete the hike.  However, even if you are unable =
to do the hike, you still welcome to attend the picnic at Cholla Ramada =
in the afternoon to claim credit for the event cache.

    I called Picacho Peak State Park today and the person I spoke with =
told me that the Cholla Ramada is already reserved for Saturday, March =
13.  However, it is available for Sunday, March 14. =20

    Therefore, I would like to know from anyone who may be interested in =
attending this proposed event if holding it on a Sunday is a good idea, =
and if so,would be willing and able to come to Picacho Peak State Park =
on Sunday, March 14?  Thank you.

    Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)

  Team Arrowhead

  We would in joy a day of hiking the park hope it works out.

  Howard

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C3C0A4.52613E20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>With this kind of notice, I could most =
likely get=20
the day off.&nbsp; Those are more difficult to come by these days.&nbsp; =
Sounds=20
like a great way to spend a Sunday.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Team A.I.</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dfox153@yahoo.com href=3D"mailto:fox153@yahoo.com">howard =
campbell</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dlistserv@azgeocaching.com=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:listserv@azgeocaching.com">listserv@azgeocaching.com</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, December 12, 2003 =
11:30=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Az-Geocaching] =
Proposed=20
  event cache at Picacho Peak State Park: Sunday, March 14, 2004</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Ken Akerman &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:ken@highpointer.com">ken@highpointer.com</A>&gt;</I></B> =
wrote:=20
  <BLOCKQUOTE class=3Dreplbq=20
  style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px =
solid">
    <DIV>Hello Arizona Geocachers,</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Thank you to all who organized the event cache in Tucson last=20
    Saturday.&nbsp; I am grateful for winning the new cache.&nbsp; I =
intend to=20
    place it this weekend at an interesting locationd a few miles off =
I-10 in=20
    Pinal County this weekend.&nbsp; It may be on top of a peak, but the =

    elevation of this proposed location&nbsp;is less than Tucson's <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3D18bdac7e=
-4808-4c1a-961a-de7f5a43a10c">"A"=20
    Mountain</A>&nbsp;and there are a couple of other caches available =
nearby in=20
    the surrounding lowlands.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>During the event cache, I proposed organizing an event cache at =
Picacho=20
    Peak State Park in March, during the weekend of the Civil War battle =

    reenactments.&nbsp; That would be the second weekend of March, March =
13-14,=20
    2004.&nbsp; I organized a<A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=3D3897&amp;me=
ssageid=3D1015789086">=20
    similar event </A>for Arizona members of the <A=20
    href=3D"http://www.highpointers.org/">Highpointers Club</A> in March =
2002.=20
    There is a large ramada in park, called Cholla Ramada, that one can =
reserve=20
    for the day that is suitable for groups of up to 50 people.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>The proposed event cache would begin in the morning with a =
group hike=20
    to the summit of Picacho Peak where we would claim <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3Dae5aa40d=
-a94b-47f0-8bba-4091b57309b9">the=20
    cache on top of the mountain</A>.&nbsp; We would then descend and =
meet for a=20
    barbeque and potluck picnic at Cholla Ramada.&nbsp; If you haven't =
hiked to=20
    the summit of Picacho before, then doing it with other experienced =
hikers=20
    would be a great incentive to complete the hike.&nbsp; However, even =
if you=20
    are unable to do the hike, you still welcome to attend the picnic at =
Cholla=20
    Ramada in the afternoon to claim credit for the event cache.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>I called <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.pr.state.az.us/Parks/parkhtml/picacho.html">Picacho =
Peak=20
    State&nbsp;Park</A> today and the person I spoke with told me that =
the=20
    Cholla Ramada is already reserved for Saturday, March 13.&nbsp; =
However, it=20
    is available for Sunday, March 14.&nbsp; </DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>Therefore, I would like to know from anyone who may be =
interested in=20
    attending this proposed event if holding it on a Sunday is a good =
idea, and=20
    if so,would be willing and able to come to Picacho Peak State Park =
on=20
    Sunday, March 14?&nbsp; Thank you.</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><STRONG>Ken Akerman</STRONG> (a.k.a.=20
    <STRONG><EM>Highpointer</EM></STRONG>)</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
  <P>Team Arrowhead</P>
  <P>We would in joy a day of hiking the park hope it works out.</P>
  <P>Howard</P>
  <P>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>
  Do you Yahoo!?<BR><A=20