[Az-Geocaching] Obervation

RopingThe Wind listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 07 Dec 2003 08:37:56 -0800

>From: Brian Casteel <bcasteel1@cox.net>

>The problem with the signs is the fear some people experience because they
>think that it's some >sort of trespass being committed because those signs
>are there.

You brought about some really good points.

However, It is not a fear that I had at all. Which is why, as you mentioned,
I after the fact sought out the cache.The very spot the cache is in is still
a PUBLIC park and I feel like I should have every right to stand at that
very spot and seek out the cache. At that spot, I am standing in a public
park on public land and I should be able to seek out that cache (or recreate
in any other way) without being questioned (dare I use the word harrassed?)
by some authorities. Unfortunately, in today's society, everyone is so
freaked out and on edge about every little thing that looks even slightly
suspicious. Having a cache in this location is just 'instigating' that mood.

I am not saying the cache owner should not have a cache there because it
isnt suppose to be there. Again, it is public property and the owner has
every right to hide a cache there and I have every right to seek it out.
What I am saying is.. I think we as cache owners need to be more  careful
about where a cache is placed so as not to make the authorities have to be
so concerned about what it is we are doing. Does that make sense? There are
literally hundreds of feet of fence line in that park and a thousand of
those very objects the cache was placed under, thus there was hundreds of
places in that park to place this cache using the same method. Why right up
against the wall of the Police facilities?

I am not trying to pick on this cache in particular. There are others hidden
in similar situations. This cache just happens to be the perfect model to
get this point across.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Tired of slow downloads and busy signals?  Get a high-speed Internet
connection! Comparison-shop your local high-speed providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com