[Az-Geocaching] RE: It's THAT season

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:27:10 -0700

At 11:26 PM 12/3/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>Who knew when I sent out the first message about my encounter on Monday
>that it would have come to this?  My well-intentioned caution to the
>community has turned into something else.

The real problem is that people take jokes as something other than what
they are.  Comments were made on this list that were obviously jokes.  It
looks like they were taken about a dozen different ways.  The problem
arises when we start deciding on what should and should not be joked about.

Freedom of speech is as sacred to some as the right to keep and bear arms,
and when it starts being suggested that we should not be allowed to joke
about certain subjects, it rubs some people the wrong way.

Thus my statement that no one ever got wet by saying the word WATER.

I meant no attack by it, just wanted to express a point.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com