[Az-Geocaching] Cache Regrets

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 13:27:38 -0700

--=====================_41469029==.ALT

At 01:21 PM 12/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>The listserv has been amazingly quiet lately. Here's a question I'll toss
>out in an effort to stimulate some conversation.
>
>If you've been caching for awhile there is probably at least one cache you
>tried to find several times without success.  You REALLY wanted it but it
>eluded you. Others have found it.  It now may be archived and you'll have
>to live with your failure forever.  One that comes to mind for me is Ya
>Skala.  What is yours?

Not exactly that situation, but my biggest regret/anger has come from two
deleted logs.  Ironically enough one of them was for Ya Skala which we
found and the cache owners decided to delete our log entry.  The other was
a deletion of a no find log for Harshaw Cache.  Many people couldn't find
it, and our hunt was very positive anyway as we met fellow cachers looking
for it, the cache owner informed me that they didn't want any negative
comments about their cache and insisted that the coordinates were right
on.  Since then the cache has been found and was over 100 feet away from
the posted coordinates.  I don't think that the cache owner has ever
updated their page.  If Harshaw does get archived before I get a chance to
travel back down there, I will regret that.

Scott

scott@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com

--=====================_41469029==.ALT

At 01:21 PM 12/2/2003 -0700, you wrote:<br>
listserv has been amazingly quiet lately. Here's a question I'll toss out
in an effort to stimulate some conversation.</font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
probably at least one cache you tried to find several times without
success.&nbsp; You REALLY wanted it but it eluded you. Others have found
it.&nbsp; It now may be archived and you'll have to live with your
failure forever.&nbsp; One that comes to mind for me is Ya Skala.&nbsp;
What is yours?</font><br>
Not exactly that situation, but my biggest regret/anger has come from two
deleted logs.&nbsp; Ironically enough one of them was for Ya Skala which
we found and the cache owners decided to delete our log entry.&nbsp; The
other was a deletion of a no find log for Harshaw Cache.&nbsp; Many
people couldn't find it, and our hunt was very positive anyway as we met
fellow cachers looking for it, the cache owner informed me that they
didn't want any negative comments about their cache and insisted that the
coordinates were right on.&nbsp; Since then the cache has been found and
was over 100 feet away from the posted coordinates.&nbsp; I don't think
that the cache owner has ever updated their page.&nbsp; If Harshaw does
get archived before I get a chance to travel back down there, I will
regret that.<br><br>