[Az-Geocaching] Wizmedic's Wilson TB (was re: anyone goin' geocaching in Tucson?)

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:44:56 -0800

>From: "Baja Fleg" <fleigle@hotmail.com>
>To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Wizmedic's Wilson TB (was re: anyone goin'
>geocaching in Tucson?)
>Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:05:38 -0700
>
>Hey Scott do you ever make it to Albuquerque for the ballon fest held in
>October?
>
>Michael
>Team TJ

Hey Michael,

Nope. Don't do Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta... too many balloons (850) and not
enough prize money! :)

I am, however, planning on competing in the NABA SW Regional Championships
in ALBQ, NM over Memorial Day weekend. It is held at the same location as
the Big One, but, only about 35 balloons and more prize money! It is also
sanctioned competition (points toward national ranking) I placed 8th there
last year (shoulda been about a 3rd, but, got penalized for a rules
violation!) and have been invited again this year. Also, got my invitation
sent in for the NABA US National Championships in Waco, TX in late August.
We placed 20th in national ranking in 2001 and are qualified for the
nationals. We also will be doing Houston, TX just before that.

So, hoping to get in again this year AND get some caches while over there!
;)

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Scott's Adventure Flying Web Page