[Az-Geocaching] Magellan 315 Update

Scott Wood az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:49:52 -0700

I installed the new firmware (3.15) last night and played around with it a
little.

I am really impressed with how easy it is to break it out of auto-averaging
now.  I found it difficult to walk slow enough to have it auto-average, of
course I wasn't on a rocky hillside. :-)  It looks like the speed needed to
break out of auto-averaging is now about .5 MPH.

I must say that I am pretty happy to see this upgrade.  After my experience
trying to find "Scary"
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=10827 I was about ready
to go out and find another GPSR that didn't have the high speed needed to
break out of auto-averaging.  I want a mapping unit, but I would much
rather spend my money on my Land Cruiser right now instead of a
GPSR.  Thanks to this upgrade my 315 should have a good amount of useful
life left.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache