[Az-Geocaching] Fortune Cookie geocache modified to two-stage multi-cache

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:23:22 -0700

>From: Ken Akerman <ken@highpointer.com>
>To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Fortune Cookie geocache modified to two-stage
>multi-cache
>Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:22:43 -0700 (PDT)
>

>  Hello Geocachers,
>It appears that the original location of my Fortune Cookie geocache is
>frequently busy during the day, and some people may not feel safe visiting
>that location at night.  Therefore, I have relocated the cache and I have
>converted it to a two-stage multi-cache.  I have used the original
>container as the container for the first stage that contains the
>coordinates to the second stage, which is the cache itself.  Both stages of
>the cache are located adjacent to parking lots.   The theme to the cache
>remains the same.  For an added bonus, stop for Krispy Kreme doughnuts
>while traveling between the two stages. :)
>Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)

Ken,

Is it now a new cache? Since the location (and therefore the coordinates are
changed), is it physically a NEW cache?

I think if a cache container moves to a new location, it therfore becomes a
new cache. I have seen caches now that have been moved and not physically
made into a new cache. There is also a NEW cache out that is actually an old
cache. Forest Closure 2a. It has a new name and it shows up as a brand new
cache in my list of caches I have not yet visited. Therefore, I see it as a
new cache for me to seek and log. However, if yours changes locations, but,
the the cache isnt made into a new cache, then I cant really log it again
since I already logged that cache. Of course, those are just my rules to how
I geocache. But, I truly beleive that if a cache moves to a new location, it
should be a newly named cache.

Any others have thoughts on this?

Scott
Team Ropingthewind