[Az-Geocaching] Increase your find count

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:43:41 -0700

> Fifteen finds for the same locationless cache on the same day
> by the same cacher.
>
> At that rate a person could get 105 caches a week and reach
> 1000 in less than 10 weeks.
>
> What does every one think.

I think it depends on what the meaning of that cache's Rule #5 is: "A
team can only log a site once." I can read that statement three or four
different ways.

I notice they're not the first to log this cache more than once with
different sites, although I didn't see anyone else with so many. So
there is precedent for this on this cache. At least they didn't claim
the finds from just sitting at their computer looking things up on
Google. They actually had to go out, find the sites, take the pictures,
mark the waypoints, write them up, etc. (Assuming they actually *did*
all those things; I didn't look at the log entries that carefully.)

So I guess my opinion comes down to: If they and the cache owner are
comfortable with it, it doesn't hurt me or my caching any. And I think
it does present another strong argument against awards, "career"
competitions, etc.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena