[Az-Geocaching] Cache placement

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:27:13 -0700

>From: "Thane Madrid" <97tj@team3.net>
>To: <listserv@AzGeocaching.com>
>Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Cache placement
>Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 00:35:49 -0700
>
>I do not know if this is the right e-mail address to send this to or not
>but I am giving it a try. I live in the White Mountains of AZ and
>discovered an unknown fact to myself that I thought I should pass along.
>You are not allowed to place a cache in a Wilderness area in a National
>Forest. That would explain why I was unable to locate a couple of caches in
>my area. They where not where they were supposed to be, but rather they
>where at the local Ranger District office. I hope that this can help others
>in the plans to place a cache in the forest. Thank you, Thane Madrid

What are the two caches in question? Curious to know if I got them before
they were removed! :/ We have visited several in the White Mnts, but, still
have several more to go after. We are just waiting for the forests to open
up again. I can't recall having gone for any in Wilderness areas up there
yet. I think there was one near Lee Valley Resovoir somewhere?

I can think of a whole lotta caches that are in Wilderness Areas. Guess I
better get after them quick while they are still around!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Team Ropingthewind's geocaching web site!
http://www.safwp.bravepages.com/geocaching.html