[Az-Geocaching] Madonna of the Trail

Larry Farquhar listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:22:17 -0700

I've already Emailed the cache owner with my concerns over his lack of a
requirement that the seeker actually visits this virtual cache site.
I'll let you know what his response is.

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.happy-wanderers.com

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of Team
Tierra Buena
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 4:44 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Madonna of the Trail

There is in fact a locationless cache (GC66CD) created by none other
than CC Cooper Agency, which is looking for "finds" of the twelve
Madonnas of the Trail that are scattered about the US. I know it's a
long shot, but is it possible this is how the guy in Missouri thinks he
claims a "find" for that cache?

I ask this because there are at least ten active caches for NGS
benchmarks, including one here in Arizona that Team Blunder created
before benchmarks became a separate category. But none of those have
been deactivated by Galactic HQ.

Finally, have any of you:

A) Tried to contact "brettd" (the owner of this cache)
B) Contacted geocaching.com to bring it to their attention
C) Both

Just wondering. I've done neither, but I only just read the thread. I'm
thinking over what, if anything, to do about it.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena