[Az-Geocaching] Saguaro Vista Cache

Stephen Drake az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:51:31 -0700

I've looked at the topo map for accessing the Saguaro Vista Cache.  I
see 4 possibilities:

1. Reach it by boat (like the people who placed it)
2. Long long long hike from somewhere
3. Swim across the Salt River and have a short hike (not sure how much
water is in the river below the dam at this time of year)
4. Cross at the dam and have a short hike.  (closed to public but
possible for someone with SRP)

This is where I have an advantage over you.  I can get across that dam
for a short and easy hike.  (I assume that there's a bridge or way
across either on top of or inside the dam.)

I need to check out the particulars for crossing at the dam.  When I go
to do this cache, I'll leave word on this listserv for the time and
place (probably a nearby turnout or parking area) if anyone else wants
the easy way to this cache.

Once crossing at the dam, it appears to be a relatively flat topology to
go the half mile or so to the cache.  Of course, I could be totally
wrong and there could be some sort of natural or man-made barrier to
getting to the cache this way.

-srdrake