[Az-Geocaching] Can't find as info

Scott Wood az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 16:44:54 -0700

At 03:50 PM 2/23/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>I can't speak for other people but when I can't find a cache, I do mark it
>as a can't find, but then if I go back and find it, I go back and modify the
>log to a note, and post a "found" log.  Actually the only time I've used a

That is how I feel it should be done.  The only time that I logged a "can't
find" was out in Southern California and it was in a park that happened to
be very busy that day.  I still went and walked around the general area and
my GPS at one point reported being 0 feet away from the cache.  The park
was very busy and I didn't want to get on my hand and knees and crawl
through the brush so we left.  I logged it is a couldn't find and moved
on.  Next time I am out visiting family I will try it again and if I find
it I will either leave the old log entry to edit it.  The fact is that I
couldn't find it on that trip.

I agree that a note is the appropriate thing to do when you can't get to
the area of the cache.  As a cache owner I like to know that people are
making the attempt.

>I don't think that you're out of line on that one.  A cache should only be
>logged if it's completed.  I found the first stage of  Libby's "The Great
>Pumpkin" a while ago but haven't had a chance to complete it, and didn't
>think it was appropriate to post or log just the first part.

I have one other team that is leaving "note" posts giving me updates on
their progress on getting the different legs accomplished.  I think that
this is great and I am glad to see that they are enjoying the cache, even
if it does involve A LOT driving.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache