[Az-Geocaching] Trash in Tonto

Jerry Nelson az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:34:11 -0700

Unfortunately, Larry makes a good point.  If we do this, perhaps it would
be best to "just do it" without contacting the FS.  I can't imagine any
Forest staff objecting to a  few trucks moving trash out of the Forest.
The problem would be that we'd need to make a direct trip to a landfill
to dump the stuff, unlike just leaving it for the FS to dispose as would
be the case if we did it officially with them..  I still think it's a
good idea even without any side benefits to geocaching.  Has anyone
driven down the road to Sugarloaf Mountain opposite the Four Peaks Road?
That alone would keep us busy for years.

Jerry-Offtrail