[Az-Geocaching] Activity

Scott Nicol az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:04:07 -0800

>From: "Brian Cluff" <brian@snaptek.com>
>To: <az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com>
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Activity
>Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:23:54 -0700
>
>I was about to agree that the number of caches on the caches I was watching
>had really droped off in the last couple of weeks, but out of nowhere it
>seems like just about everyone went to our caches over the weekend.  We had
>about 10 or 12 hits on our caches out of nowhere.   Guess you can only go
>so
>long avoiding snaptek caches before you have to do them :)
>
>Brian Cluff
>Team Snaptek

Hey Brian,

We went for your cache near Oak Flat/Superior on Sunday (Bach Fest). What a
fun cache and a great location! I have driven thru Oak Flat campground
before as well as driven up to the mine several times as well as driven by
on US 60 a billion times. BUT... never did I go back there! There is a whole
new piece of Arizona to be seen back there. Some really awsome views of
Pinal Peak and the surrounding mountains. The cache area is really fun to
hike around. Alot of boulders to hop from one to another. I felt like a kid
in a candy store bouncing from Boulder to boulder. How cool! There are some
really fun labryinth like areas amongst the boulders to hike in and around.
Very cool. The low pine bushes and such really make the area that much more
scenic and green.

The cache took us about 15 minutes to find as my GPS would bounce me around
a bit. But, finally averaged out the area and found the cache. Great cache!

I didnt have your web site printed out of the spoiler pics or clues. So, had
to find our own way in. We did, in a round about way! Some rocky roads back
there! But, nothing my old 74 GMC full size couldnt handle! Parked within
about .2 mile of cache and hiked (rather boulder hopped) the rest of the
way.

Great cache! Thanks for taking me into another new and wonderful area of
Arizona I had never seen before!

PS.. dropped off a travel bug there as well. Team Ropingthewind's very first
travel bug!

Scott Nicol
arizcowboy@hotmail.com

Scotts Adventure Flying Web Page